How to Plan and Execute Contractile Measurements in Permeabilized Muscle Fibers
Register today to hear from Dr. Tim West, Chief Technician and Laboratory Manager at the Royal Veterinary College, and Matt Borkowski, Sales and Support Manager at Aurora Scientific, as they discuss how to plan and expertly execute contractile measurements in permeabilized muscle fibers.
During this live webinar, Matt will give an overview of the 1400A Permeabilized Muscle Fiber Test System and common protocols used in assessing significant muscle fiber properties, such as power output, cross-bridge cycling, and calcium sensitivity. Next, you’ll hear Dr. Tim West share best practices in isolating and preparing single permeabilized muscle fibers to measure the properties Matt described. Then he will detail how to analyze the data obtained from the assay using real data from his research.
Key topics covered during this webinar include…
- Basic operating principles and theory of required instrumentation
- Understanding when and how to apply standard experimental protocols
- How to prepare samples for experimentation
- Analyzing real data and discussing the conclusions it provides
- Curve fitting procedures to determine peak power
Tim West, PhD
Chief Technician and Laboratory Manager
Royal Veterinary College
Sales and Support Manager