Position Type: Full Time
Degree: Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) designation or higher (preferred)
Experience: 1-3 years
Industry: Preclinical Research
Location: Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Aurora Scientific Inc. has over 40 years experience in designing, manufacturing, and servicing research equipment. We value excellence, innovation, responsiveness, and the satisfaction of a job well done. We stand behind all our products and strive for the highest level of customer service possible. That mission motivates our people and our work and is a driving force behind our commitment to quality product design and superior customer service.
What We’re Looking For
As our new Order and Customs Coordinator, you will report to the Finance and Office Manager, and will have the opportunity to work with our clients and internal team to have an impact on Aurora’s growth and success. You will manage all aspects of the administrative functions related to orders, RMA’s, and international inbound and outbound shipments. These functions require timely and accurate order entry, production of documentation required by carriers, Canada Customs, & other government bodies, and excellent customer service skills.
● Communicate with clients and prospective clients regarding purchase orders, quotations, and order verifications.
● Input orders into the accounting and production systems for new and used product sales, RMA returns, and loan agreements.
● Document and data management regarding orders, RMA’s, and all shipments
● Prepare shipping and customs paperwork.
● Build and maintain positive relationships with freight forwarders, external logistics companies, federal agencies, and shippers.
● Troubleshoot customs clearance delays and delivery issues; resolve duty and tax issues with shippers. Communicate with customers regarding all aspects of shipping or clearance delays.
● Lead the border compliance requirements (Canada, US and International) and ensure compliance with state, federal, and international regulations.
● Work closely with Finance, Sales, and Operations to provide regular updates and feedback.
● Resource planning for promotional conferences, ensuring seamless transport of assets for events.
● 1-3 years experience with order entry and customer service experience
● 1-3 years experience in customs administration or international trade compliance
● Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) designation or higher (preferred)
● Knowledge of customs laws and regulations, as well as detailed tariff knowledge
● Strong organizational skills with superior attention to detail and an ability to work independently
● Ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams)
● Strong Computer Skills
● Dependable –our team, and clients, can count on your knowledge and understanding
● Self-motivated – you see every new task as an opportunity to learn and grow, you work well independently and are a self-starter
● Strong communication – you can adapt your communication style to your audience, and know how to ask questions and receive feedback
● Organized –you have tremendous attention to detail and superior ability to organize systems, tools, and timelines
● Positive – you bring energy into the room by being courteous, helpful and by providing excellent support to our clients and team
Why this Job Matters
Aurora Scientific is the trusted provider of innovative research instrumentation for the life science and material science community. Our products are used by scientific researchers in universities, hospitals, and experimental labs around the world. Our clients are working to solve the mysteries behind human health. Accurate and timely order entry, ensuring successful shipments via customs compliance, you will be directly supporting the scientific community by ensuring our equipment is in their labs.
Additionally, by supporting the coordination of shows and promotional events, you will be making sure more members of the scientific community are aware of what our products do and how our instruments can help them answer their questions and solve their problems.
What we Bring
We offer an excellent benefit plan (including travel insurance), performance incentives and paid personal leave, in addition to vacation time. Our office is bright and welcoming and is steps away from a beautiful greenspace with walking trails. Our Health and Wellness committee is dedicated to employee engagement through treat days, opportunities for community support, and company events.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.