The 890A/891A Large Animal Test Apparatus enables physiology researchers to test and measure muscle responses in the hind limbs of dogs, sheep, pigs and larger animals in-situ or in-vivo.
This apparatus is available in two configurations: isometric (890A) and isometric/isotonic (891A). The isometric configuration measures force-frequency and muscle fatigue, while isometric/isotonic measures force-frequency, fatigue, eccentric contractions, force-length, force-velocity, work and stiffness.
The apparatus provides accurate limb fixation, an animal footplate, a force sensor and/or motor and linear translators to adjust the footplate position with respect to the animal’s limb. It can be used with either hind limb.
The tri-axis positioner allows easy alignment of the footplate with respect to the animal and fine motor movement to adjust resting length or resting tension. The 890A apparatus can be used with a torque cell while the 891A is designed for use with a 309C or 310C Dual-Mode muscle lever.
Large Animal Isometric/Eccentric Footplate Apparatus Variant:
891A: Large Animal in-situ/Footplate Apparatus For 309C/310C
Measure force-frequency, fatigue, eccentric contractions, force-length, force-velocity, work and stiffness with the addition of a 309C/310C Dual-Mode muscle lever
- apparatus designed to test in-vivo/in-situ muscle mechanics in large animals such as pigs, dogs and sheep.
- flexible limb clamping, easily adjust location of clamp with respect to the animal’s hind limb
- ability to test both bind limbs with ease, increase throughput
- available in two configurations, isometric for simple mechanics and isometric/isotonic for more complex protocols
- tri-axis positioner provides easy positioning of the footplate with respect to the animal
- fine translation stage on sensor allows accurate setting of resting tension
- T-slot design provides flexibility to easily add additional apparatus
- corrosion resistant materials used throughout
- robust design